NASW-NJ LEGISLATIVE AGENDA:
NASW-NJ recognizes that the ongoing struggle to access the optimum level of individual health requires standards protecting consumers and providers relating to managed care that are fair and reasonable. NASW-NJ advocates by means of:
• A commitment to the maintenance and improvement of health funding programs such as: NJ Family Care, PAAD, the Affordable Care Act Healthcare Exchange, Medicare, and Medicaid:
• Initiatives to address community health and quality of life issues;
• Advocating on behalf of full and appropriate implementation of the Affordable Care Act, Healthcare Exchange for NJ, and the Medicaid Expansion; and
• Advocating for the well-being and longevity of all people regardless of race, gender, class, disability, sexual orientation, or gender variation.
NASW-NJ advocates on behalf of the health of the HIV/ AIDS community by supporting legislation that will result in programmatic and policy strategies to:
• reduce the incidence of HIV/AIDS and increase investment i n evidence-based, high-impact prevention efforts;
• promote the dissemination of accurate health information and advocate for the right of vulnerable populations and communities;
• decrease stigma and increase access to care for optimal health outcomes among people living with HIV/AIDS;
• reduce HIV/AIDS related treatment disparities through implementation of flexible funding formulas to better reach the most marginalized populations ; and
• develop a comprehensive state-level, integrated care continuum framework with expertise in the mainstream health care system.