National Association of Social Workers- New Jersey Chapter
Student Network Liaison Job Description
Department: Student Network
Job Title: Student Network Liaison (Volunteer Position)
Reports to: Kathlyn Lewis, Lauren O’Donnell, Jennifer Skees
- Be a NASW-NJ Member
- Attend Fall and Spring Student Liaison Orientation/Training Session
- Sign up for subscription to NASW-NJ newSWire and Student newSWire
- Keep in regular communication with NASW-NJ contact persons about your progress on each of the following responsibilities through a monthly report.
Priority responsibilities throughout Academic Year (PICK ONE):
- Manage a listserv for distributing NASW-NJ Information to all social work students at your school.
- Speak about the benefits of NASW-NJ Student Membership during at least one of the following:
- Awards Ceremonies
- Social Work Organization Meetings
- Provide NASW-NJ with information about what social work students within your school need from NASW-NJ. This will include distribution and collection of a student survey.
Supplementary responsibilities throughout Academic Year (PICK ONE):
- Assist in the writing and editing process for the Fall, Winter and Spring Student newSWire.
- Attend at least one Fall and one Spring NASW-NJ Unit meeting to collaborate on events with social workers in your school’s County.
- Attend your schools Student Social Work Organization meeting regularly.
- Make announcements in social work classes in regards to important NASW-NJ News and Events.
- Assist NASW-NJ with other outreach projects as necessary.
Be a member of your unit’s steering committee & report any pertinent information back to students.