Was Your License Suspended?
Did you get a letter from the Board of Social Work Examiners (BSWE) saying that your Social Work license or certificate has been suspended? Nearly 1500 NJ social workers have not renewed their licenses/certificate as required by NJ Statute 45:15BB and NJ Social Work Regulation 13:44G-7
HERE ARE THE FACTS!
- You cannot practice Social Work without a Social Work license or certificate unless you are working in an exempt setting (see NJ Statute 45:15BB-5).
- If your license/certificate has been suspended, you cannot continue seeing clients (in an agency or private practice) or billing insurance/Medicare.
- If you are working as a Social Worker, you will be considered to be engaged in unlicensed practice.
- Before returning to work, you must have your license reinstated by the BSWE. The reinstatement process is outlined in NJ Regulations 13:44G-7.3.
- You can find additional information about NJ Social Work Licensing on the NASW-NJ web site in our Licensing FAQs.