5 CLINICAL, ETHICS CEUS WILL BE PROVIDED
(these CEUs are for NJ social workers, and are not valid in NY state)
This course is an overview of palliative care for social workers. Palliative care is an interdisciplinary, team-based model of supportive care delivery for people with serious illness. As the US population ages and with it the prevalence of chronic and serious illness increases, there will be a growing need for accessible, high-quality palliative care across health care settings. Social workers are an integral part of the palliative care team and there is a growing need for clinicians with an understanding of palliative care principles and clinical skills.
This course will provide participants with a comprehensive introduction to:
1. The history, core features and current research in palliative care
2. Palliative care social work assessment and intervention skills,
3. Ethical concerns in palliative care,
4. Local, and federal legislation and Committee of Cancer standards impacting palliative care practice
5. The ACS Initiatives to improve psychosocial care to cancer patients and enhance quality of life, ex., Survivorship Care Planning, Screening Guidelines (ex: Breast Cancer), toolkits and social work skills needed for implementation
- Meredith Doherty, LCSW, Silberman Doctoral Fellow, Silberman Aging: A Hartford Center of Excellence in Diverse Aging, CUNY Hunter College, School of Social Work
- Kristina Thompson, LCSW, Senior Director, Hospital Systems, Eastern Division, American Cancer Society
COST (includes continental breakfast & light lunch ):
Member- $75 (must be member of NJAHCSW- Health Care Social Workers)
To Register by Credit Card: click on 'Register' above
To Register by Check/PO (call first to see if space is still available): download printable registration form HERE
All refund requests must be submitted by clicking HERE: https://naswnj.site-ym.com/?RefundRequest.
NO refund requests will be received by email or phone. Valid requests must be received within five days of course end date. All refunds are subject to a $15.00 processing fee. Credit will not be issued toward a future program date. Refunds will be made in the same form the payments were received. If payment was made by check, refund will be issued via check; if payment was made by credit card, refund will be issued to the credit card on file. Your refund will arrive by check or back to your card within 3-4 weeks.